Nav Menu 1
Dart Iron Eagle Ford small block
8.200" (302 Mains)
9.500" (2.750" Mains)
Aftermarket block Bore Size
Block Machining Options
Full CNC race preperation of a 4 bolt aftermarket block. [Add $950.00]Includes Deck equalization Squared off of main centerline, CNC stroker clearancing align honing of the mains, boring and multi stage torque plate honing of the cylinders, finishing of the lifter bores, installation of premium one piece cam bearings, deck dowels, trans dowels, an oil filter adapter and is painted VHT High Temp gloss black. Contact a sales rep for your bore requirements and other options.
Designed for hard core racing, the Dart Iron Eagle Ford block addresses all the weakness of factory castings. Dart blocks are cast from premium, high strength iron with extra thick cylinder walls and decks. The main webs are beefed up and fitted with steel 4 bolt main caps for superior durability. Every Dart block is individually qualified to ensure maximum thickness where you need it most, every time.
- Siamesed cylinders: Standard 4.000" or 4.125" cylinders can be safely bored to 4.165" diameter. Ductile iron sleeves and extra thick walls prevent cracking and produce excellent ring seal.
- Multiple deck heights allow for increased displacements of up to 468 cubic inches.
- Scalloped outer water jacket walls improve coolant flow around the cylinder barrels to prevent detonation, extend engine life and produce consistent cylinder temperatures.
- 4 bolt billet steel main caps. Three center caps have splayed outer bolts for extra strength; rear cap uses standard one piece seal.
- Two main bearing diameters 302 (2.249") or 351C (2.749") allow choice of small or large journal camshaft.
- Stock components make Dart blocks a direct replacement for most production small blocks. Provisions for stock motor mounts, accessory drives, smog pumps, starter brackets, oil pans and pumps.
- Upgraded oiling system has a complete stock type system plus a low restriction priority main oiling system with front and rear external oil pump feeds.
- Dual crossovers allow oil flow to be metered with restrictors for roller lifter cams and/or rocker roller arms to reduce oil flow and windage.
- Reinforced head bolt bosses are blind tapped to prevent leaks and produce accurate torque readings. Extra thick decks prevent head gasket leaks.
- Standard camshaft and camshaft drive can be used.